1. When do you meet and how long does each meeting last?
We meet on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 7 PM. The duration of each meeting varies and depends on how many speeches we have. Typically, we finish between 8:30 PM and 9:00 PM. Aftwards, we typically enjoy some drinks and food at the Afroditi restaurant or beergarden.
2. Is there any dress code required for the meeting?
We do not have a dress code, so no need to worry if you will over-dress or under-dress.
3. How many members does your club have and how many will show up at each meeting?
We have around 35 members at this time. About 15 to 25 members show up at each meeting.
4. Will I have any opportunity to speak as a guest?
We will encourage you to briefly introduce yourself at the beginning of the meeting and give us some short feedback at the end. Also, if you wish, you may have the chance to give a short speech during the table topics session.
5. Do I have to speak as a guest? I am afraid of speaking in front of a group of people.
You may just pass by at one of our meetings and observe it. You may even attend our meetings multiple times as a guest. Guests are always welcome. We encourage you to start your journey to practice public speaking as soon as possible though.
6. How can I join the club and apply for the membership?
After you attend at least one of our meetings as a guest, we welcome you to join us as a club member. Please contact our Vice President of Membership or any other club member who is happy to support you.
7. How much does the membership cost and how often do I need to pay?
Erlangen Toastmasters charges 50 EUR semi-annually to cover its basic costs. If it is the first time for you to join a Toastmasters club, you also need to pay 20 EUR for the New Members Starter Kit that involves two educational booklets.